* Our membership year begins July 1 and ends June 30.
* Renewal period is from May 1 through July 31.
* $25 One-year membership for individuals, libraries, societies within the U.S.
* APPLICATION and RENEWAL form Note: the surnames you are researching which you enter on the membership form are only mentioned in the newsletter when you first join CGS.
* First-time members will receive four issues of the quarterly; however, receipt of newsletters starts with the completion of the membership process.
* If you renew after August 1, (a) you may miss some issues because you will only receive issues from the date your membership process is completed, and (b) we reserve the right to substitute photocopies of newsletters and quarterlies.
* If you would like a membership card, please send a SASE (self addressed stamped envelope).
* Four issues of our quarterly, the Chicago Genealogist, containing historical articles on the Chicago area, record abstracts, queries, book reviews, and more
* Eleven monthly newsletters (Jul-Aug is a combined issue) containing upcoming programs, new publications, publications on sale, research hints, and helpful websites
* 10% discount on CGS publications
* Free queries in our quarterly
* Free lookups in our publications.