Join the Chicago Genealogical Society
Becoming a member of CGS allows you to network with other Chicago-area genealogists. You don't have to have ancestors in Chicago to join! Many of our members have no ancestral ties to the city, but join because they are in the area and want to learn more about genealogy research and methods.
As a member, you enjoy many benefits, including:
- Four issues of the CGS Quarterly, The Chicago Genealogist, containing historical articles on the Chicago area, record abstracts, queries, book reviews, and more
- Eleven monthly newsletters containing upcoming programs, new publications, publications on sale, research hints, and helpful websites
- 10% discount on CGS publications
- Free queries in the CGS Quarterly
- Free lookups in our publications
All membership categories and fees are also listed on the application.
- $25: One-year membership for individuals, libraries, societies within the U.S.
- $30: One-year contributing membership for individuals, libraries, societies within the U.S.
- $250: Life membership
Our membership year begins July 1 and ends June 30. Renewal period is from May 1 through July 31.* First-time members will receive all four issues of the The Chicago Genealogist regardless of when you join.
You can now join CGS with Paypal! Join today!
Join by mail
Fill out the application by hand and mail it in: APPLICATION and RENEWAL form. If you would like a membership card, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to us!
*If you renew after August 1, (a) you may miss some newletter issues because you will only receive issues from the date your membership process is completed, and (b) we reserve the right to substitute photocopies of newsletters and quarterlies.